How to reset Windows 10 password is the solution that must be done. This solution is needed when you want to enter Windows 10, but forget the password.
In fact, this method can be done easily as long as you understand how to do it. Besides being easy, you can also do it yourself without having to ask for expert help.
Even so, how to reset Windows 10 password is not recommended to open other people’s laptops or computers without permission.
How to Reset Windows 10 Password Without Reinstalling
The following is a tutorial or how to reset a forgotten Windows 10 password, quoted from the Microsoft help page:
- Turn on the laptop or computer whose password is inaccessible.
- Enter the wrong password in the box provided on the sign-in page. After that, click on the ‘Reset Password’ option available under the box for the password.
- If the Windows 10 account you are using is the same as the account registered with Microsoft, then all you have to do is enter your Personal Identification Number or PIN number.
- If not, then you have to take the next Windows 10 password reset step, which is to answer the questions given by the operating system. This question is given as a verification step.
- After successfully answering and verification is accepted, enter the new password you want. Create a new password that is strong and unique and easy for you to remember.
- After resetting the Windows 10 password, then you can enter the operating system as usual.
Easy Ways to Reset Windows 10 Old Version Password
In addition to the above method, Microsoft also provides another easy and practical alternative. Unfortunately, this method requires data, programs, and settings on the device to be erased.
This way to reset Windows 10 password without reinstalling only applies to version 1803 which was released in April 2018 and earlier.
This version does not provide verification questions like the previous method that can be used in the latest version.
Quoted from the Microsoft help page , here are the steps:
- Turn on the laptop you want to open, but forgot the password.
- Press the ‘Shift’ key and the power key at the same time.
- Then, select the available ‘Restart’ option.
- On the ‘Choose an Option’ page, click the ‘Troubleshoot’ option .
- Later, several options will be available. To proceed with resetting Windows 10 password , you must select the ‘Reset This PC’ option .
- If you are ready to lose data, programs, and settings to enter, then you can click the ‘Remove’ option.
Reset Windows 10 Password with Shortcut
Windows 10 password reset can also be done via a shortcut. When you do a reset using a shortcut, then you only need an understanding of the keyboard. How to reset Windows 10 password using a shortcut is as follows.
- Click the keyboard key combination that is Ctrl + alt + delete.
- After a while, a dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, select the Change a Password menu .
- Continue by providing an account name on your Local Windows .
- Then, enter into the old password.
- Then, enter the new password into the Local Windows .
- Now your password has been successfully reset very well.
- Tap the Ok button to complete the reset process.
- Now you have successfully reset the password on Windows 10 perfectly.
Reset Windows 10 Password with Forgotten Password Wizard
In addition to using the two previous methods, you can also reset the password using other alternatives. The next way to reset a password that you can do is through the Forgotten Password Wizard . This method is also very easy to do.
- Click the shortcut key combination Ctrl + alt + delete first on the keyboard.
- Then, in the Change a password menu, you can directly click on it.
- Then, click the Create a password reset disk menu option .
- Not long after, the Windows Forgotten Password Wizard will appear .
- Next, you can tap on the Next button .
- If so, continue by tapping the Next button again .
- Enter the new password and again click the Next button .
- Wait until the process is completely finished.
- If so, then click the Next button .
- Finally, you can complete the Windows 10 password reset process by tapping the Finish button .
- The password reset process on Windows 10 has been completed perfectly. You can easily access anything on the PC again.
Complete right? Those are some ways to reset Windows 10 password that can be an alternative solution for you. Choose the one that you think is easiest to do so it’s not a hassle.
That’s how to reset Windows 10 password that is easy and practical to use. Do this on the device you have and don’t force open someone else’s laptop or computer without permission.