WhatsApp is one of the chat applications that has quite a lot of users. Apart from being very easy and simple to use, WhatsApp is also very compatible on almost all old Android smartphones.
In the WhatsApp application we can not only chat but can also receive or send media files such as photos, images, audio, animation to video to everyone in our contacts.
But one thing that may be very unfortunate in the WhatsApp application, is that there is a maximum limit of media files that we can send. This will certainly make us a little difficult when we want to send a media file such as a video that is large or exceeds the maximum limit given by WhatsApp
Why We Can’t Send Videos to WhatsApp Sometimes?
Actually, the reason you can’t send videos on WhatsApp is because the size of the video you want to send exceeds the limit given by WhatsApp. Because the maximum limit of videos that can be sent via WhatsApp is 16MB and can’t be more.
The duration of the video that you send is also not guaranteed and you can’t use it as a benchmark. Because the camera resolution on every Android phone is not the same. So the greater the resolution of the video that is made, the automatically larger the size of the video.
How many MB of video can be sent via WA?
WhatsApp has a maximum size limit for media files such as images, audio, voice messages and videos that can be sent or forwarded through the WhatsApp application which is only 16MB in size.
On most Android phones, this 16MB size is usually the same as videos that are 90 seconds to 3 minutes long. However, this also cannot be used as a benchmark, because the camera resolution of each smartphone is very different.
How to Send Big Size Videos on WA?
Actually there is a way you can do to send videos with a long duration or more than 16MB. You can do that via Youtube, Google drive, Firefox Send, compress the size of the video to cut it into several parts and then send it.
In the WhatsApp application, for videos that you receive and want to re-send, you can use the forward button to continue the long video.
How to forward videos on WhatsApp:
- First, open the chat containing the video in the WhatsApp application.
- Tap and hold on the video to be forwarded.
- Finally tap Forward.
- Tap the forward button in the lower left corner then select the person you want to send the video to.
It’s finished and the video can be watched by the person you sent it.
How to Send Long Duration Videos on WhatsApp That Have Size More Than 16MB
As explained above, for now you can only send a media file such as a video that is no more than 16MB in size. But is there no other way we can do it?
Of course there is. Sending videos that are more than 16MB in size we can’t do it directly via chat on WhatsApp, but there is a way we can do to get around this problem.
To outsmart this problem, IsTalkingTech has prepared for you several ways and this is also certainly very easy for you to do at home. Immediately, here are 6 ways to send long videos on WhatsApp:
1. Using Firefox Zend
The first way to send a long video on WhatsApp is by using a Firefox application or often called Mozilla.
You must think that Mozilla can only be used as a browser like Chrome, right? Even though there are lots of things you can do in it, for example, like sending videos with a long duration.
Currently the Mozilla application developer has also released an application called Firefox Zend . This application will help you to send all types of media files such as videos with a long duration and a larger size.
Uniquely, the person who received your video is also not required to have a Zend Firefox account. So they don’t have to bother creating a new account again in the application.
So after you send the video link that has been uploaded to the Zend Firefox application, they will immediately be able to watch it or download it. It doesn’t stop there, you can also set the video to be viewed or downloaded several times.
2. Using Google Drive
The second way, you can also use Google Drive to save and share videos that have a long duration or are large in size.
Google Drive is also one of the platforms that was founded directly by Google and has a function to upload files into internet storage or often called Cloud Storage .
In addition to the large size of the file that you can save and share, Google Drive can also be used for free. The admins themselves are also still using Google Drive as a place to store all important files, including some of the data in this blog.
How to use Google Drive is as follows:
- The first step of course you have to open the Google Drive application . If you don’t have it, you can install it here.
- Then press the Add button and then Upload.
- After that you can directly select the video to be uploaded and wait until the process is complete.
- If you are finished, then open the video earlier and tap the Three Dots icon and Copy Link.
- Finally, you can directly share it via WhatsApp chat by pasting the link earlier in the message column.
Done and people who open the link will be automatically directed to Google Drive . They can directly download the video and save it on their phone.
3. Share Video Links From Youtube
If you are not too interested in using the second method, then the following method might be something you can try. That is by utilizing the Youtube application which is currently widely used for uploading videos.
Like the previous method, to upload vodeo to YouTube, your cellphone must also have stable and fast internet access. Because if you don’t, you won’t be able to upload videos to YouTube.
If you are interested, then here’s how to upload videos to YouTube:
- First of all, you can login into Youtube Studio.
- After successfully logging in, in the upper right corner you can press the Create menu.
- Then you select Upload video.
- Select the video you want to upload and wait for the process to complete.
- Open the video and click the Share button.
- In the menu that appears, select Share via WhatsApp.
- Finally find the person you want to send the video to and Send.
4. Compress Video Size Before Sending
Of course, it is very much different from the method above, where for this method you can directly upload videos to the WhatsApp application with a note that the video size is reduced first.
Before you send it, then try to reduce the size of the video by using the Vidcompact application. Although there are many applications that you can use, I think the Vidcompact application is simpler and easier to operate.
For the steps are as follows:
- First of course you have to download the Vidcompact application.
- After the installation process is complete, immediately open the application.
- Next you can go directly to the Trim & Compress menu.
- Find the video you want to compress.
- Then select Resolution and lower the value to reduce the video size.
- Finally select Save.
Finally, you can directly send the video to other people on WhatsApp. So you don’t have to worry about the duration or size of the video anymore because the size has obviously been reduced.
5. Cut Video Into Parts
Furthermore, if you don’t want to upload videos on other social media such as Google Drive or Youtube or maybe lazy to edit them, you can try this one method.
Where you can divide the video to be sent into several parts and then send it to friends or family via the WhatsApp application.
Examples are as follows:
- You have a 45MB video with a duration of 9 minutes .
- In the WhatsApp application, the maximum limit that can be sent is 16MB or less than 3 minutes .
- So you just have to divide it into 3 parts, 45MB to 15MB so that the duration is also reduced to 3 minutes .
How, very simple isn’t it? Besides being able to do it directly on a smartphone, you can also use the SpitVideo application .
The way to do that is as follows:
- First you must have the SplitVideo application .
- In the main page, select the video you want to share.
- You can also set the desired video duration then tap the Split button .
- If it is appropriate, directly save the video into the gallery.
Finally, you can directly share it to WhatsApp chat in sequence according to the duration you created.
6. Using Cloud Storage Apps
How to send long videos on WhatsApp without cutting the last one is to use an application called Clound Storage.
Where this Cloud Storage application is a storage medium for all types of files on a cloud server owned by the provider or application developer. In addition to saving, we can also share saved files with other people we want.
So, we can use this application to save long videos and then share them with the people we want. How to use this application is also almost the same as Dropbox and Google Drive.
More or less the following way:
- First of course you must have the Cloud Storage application and also an account.
- After that you can directly upload videos into the application.
- If it is successful, then you can then take the link from the video that was saved earlier.
- Finally, you can directly share it with others via WhatsApp chat .
So now the video can be downloaded directly by your friends or relatives.
In addition to some of the applications that the admin has described above, maybe there are other applications that you can use to send long videos on WhatsApp or those that are more than 16MB in size.
But for now the admin can only recommend you a few applications as mentioned above. This is also because based on the admin’s own experience, all the applications mentioned above have features that are indeed better and how to use them is also quite simple than other applications.
If there are questions or there are things that may not be clear from the discussion that the admin explained above, then don’t hesitate to write them in the comments column below.
That’s the discussion for today about how to send long videos on WhatsApp without being cut or videos that are more than 16MB. Good luck and I hope it’s what you expect.