Is your internet connection slow? Want to know how stable your internet connection is? The solution is simple. You just have to check it by pinging Google via CMD.
So, how does Google ping work? Let’s discuss together!
What is Google Ping?
Ping is a tool to check the connection between two devices. Pinging Google is the same as asking Google to chat. Then you have to wait for Google to accept your chat and then Google answer your chat or you receive an answer from Google.
It is this time to get a reply that is measured by the ping. So, you can know when your message can be delivered quickly and responded to back. On the other hand, you’ll also know if a slow connection makes your messages difficult to respond to.
Having a fast and stable connection is certainly very important. Therefore, this article will show you practical ways to ping Google via Command Prompt (CMD). You’ll also learn how to put it into practice on PCs and smartphones.
How to Ping Google on PC
Here’s the most complete way to ping Google that you can easily follow, so just follow the steps, and hopefully your internet connection is free from problem, can function well, and is in a stable state, of course, yes.
To ping Google on PC, you don’t need to install any additional apps. Just follow these steps:
- Click the Start logo in the lower right corner of your desktop.
- Type CMD, then hit enter.
- Once CMD is open, enter ping google.com and hit enter again.
- You will see the ping result.
The above method is suitable if you only want to check the stability of the connection once. But if you want to ping continuously, you just follow steps 1 to 2 as above, then enter ping google.com -t
This method is very useful if you want to continuously monitor the stability of the connection. Especially when you want to make sure the connection is really stable. Like when you are downloading or playing online games.
Want to know how to read ping results? We will explain through the image below:
As you can see, there are three parts to pay attention to. We divide it into three boxes which will be explained from top to bottom:
- First box – The bytes variable indicates the weight of the data sent to the server (32 bytes). The next variable is time, which shows how long it takes the server to respond to each data (eg: 32 milliseconds)
- Second box – Of the four data sent to the server ( sent ), all four were successfully received ( received ). Thus, there is no data that failed to respond ( lost ).
- Third box – Of the four data, the fastest to respond ( minimum ) duration is 29 milliseconds. The longest response ( maximum ) duration is 32 milliseconds. And the average duration needed to get a response ( average ) is 29 milliseconds.
In essence, the less duration it takes, the better. Because it’s a sign that the connection is fast and stable in receiving a response from the server.
Instead, this is the message that will appear if your internet connection is lost.
While the message “request timed out” will appear if your connection is too slow, or the destination server is not active ( down ).
Please read the following.
- Check How to Speed Up WiFi Connections on Laptops & Smartphone
- How To Clear Cache In Google Chrome Browser? Here Is The Complete Tutorial
How to Ping Google on Smartphone
Are you currently using a smartphone? Don’t worry, you can also check the stability of the connection. Below, we describe two ways to do this:
The first way you can try is to install the Ping application. Here are the steps to use it:
- Go to the Google Play Store, and search for the Ping app. Then click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, enter the application.
- Type “google.com” as host. Then click Start.
- If you want to stop the ping process, click Stop.
- As you can see, the information displayed is more or less the same as the result of the ping on the PC. On the screen there are the number of data packets received and the duration of time it takes to receive the data packets.
- If you have pinged many times. You can view the history in the History tab.
It’s really easy to use isn’t it? What’s more, you can use it for free!
Unfortunately this application is only available on the Android platform. If you’re using another OS (like iOS), you can look for other ping apps available on their respective platforms. For example, in the Apple App Store you can install the Pingify app.
Or, you can also try the method we will discuss next.
Check internet connectivity with meter.net service
Don’t want to install new apps? No problem my friend. You can still ping through the meter.net website. In addition to checking connection stability, this website will also check your connection speed. Let’s see how to use it!
- Go to the main page of meter.net. Then click Start Test.
- Wait a few moments until the ping and connection speed test process is complete.
- Once done, you will see the test results. Starting from the ping duration to download and upload speeds.
- You can actually change the test server location by clicking the Change server button. But don’t worry, the settings have automatically installed the server location closest to your location.
Even though this method doesn’t use CMD, you can still find out how long your connection ping is.
Come Check Your Connection Stability!
Want to ensure connection stability? All you need to do is simply ping Google via CMD. In this article we have explained easy ways to ping, both on a PC and on a smartphone.
If you are an online business, a fast and stable connection is a very valuable asset.
Do you have a question regarding how to ping google via CMD? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!
Hope this post useful and see you again in the next posts about technology and tutorials in the future guys.