WhatsApp Notifications Not Sound – Are you having problems with WhatsApp notifications not sounding or not appearing?
Indeed, this problem often occurs on our smartphones. Not just certain cellphones, but most smartphone brands are sometime having the same problem.
For example in Oppo, Vivo. Samsung, even the iPhone. This causes incoming Whatsapp messages to be missed by us.
Maybe some of you are bothered by this problem. In particular, I myself will also be disturbed if I experience a problem like this.
How To Fix WhatsApp Notifications No Sound
Before we start fixing the no notification sound on WhatsApp, it’s better of us to firstly know the possible causes of the problem.
Causes WA Notifications Don’t Sound
There are several reasons why WhatsApp notifications don’t sound. Including the following:
- Ringtone not coming
- Your smartphone is on silent mode
- Wrong ringtone setting
- WhatsApp is muted
- The sound is set so that it doesn’t sound
In addition to some of the causes of WhatsApp notifications not sounding above, it is due to a bug in the application.
Please read also WhatsApp Can’t Video Call
How to Fix WhatsApp Notifications Not Sound
In addition to the above causes, namely wrong settings or errors, how to fix it is very easy.
You just need to follow the steps below slowly. Here’s how:
1. Turn on WhatsApp Notifications
The first step you have to do is turn on WhatsApp notification settings.
This step is intended so that all Whatsapp notifications can sound on our smartphones. The method is as follows:
- Open Settings on your smartphoen.
- Open the Applications Menu.
- Then search for the WhatsApp application, then open it .
- Then select / tick ‘Enable Notifications ‘.
2. Make sure the cellphone is not on Silent Mode
Make sure, your cellphone is not on silent mode. Because if your smartphone is on silent mode, it won’t make sound whatsoever.
Try to disable the silent mode by following the steps below.
- Go to Settings on your smart device.
- Open the Sound menu menu.
- Then look for settings, if the phone is on silent mode, make it disable.
Or you can also set this setting in the top menu bar. Please use the method that is easiest for you.
3. WhatsApp Ringtone Settings
If you have checked the two steps above, please set the tone settings in the WhatsApp application.
The steps are as follows:
- Open the WhatsApp application .
- Then open the Settings menu (top right corner, point 3).
- Select the Notification menu > Notification Tone > Select the ringtone you want.
- Also scroll down to Group and Call settings.
- If so, close the application and then reopen it.
Please read also Fix WhatsApp Notifications No Sound Problem
4. Clear WhatsApp Data
This method aims to overcome bugs in the application. Whether it’s running or it’s already on your cellphone.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to Settings.
- Then go to Apps > Search WhatsApp app and open .
- Select the Clear Data or Clear Data menu .
If so, log back into WhatsApp. You will be asked to log back in to your cellphone number as usual.
5. Update WhatsApp Version Application
Make sure your WhatsApp version is updated, friend. Because an outdated WhatsApp application can cause WhatsApp notifications not to appear.
The method to update your WhatsApp version is as follow:
- First open the Play Store.
- Type WhatsApp > Search and Open.
- If there is a new version, please select Update.
Please also read How To Create Group In Telegram
6. Reinstall WhatsApp
How to update WhatsApp as above, but if you want to fix bugs, just reinstall the WhatsApp application.
What’s the difference? If you only update, then WhatsApp data is still saved. But if you reinstall, the data will be deleted first.
The method is as follows:
- First open Settings > Open Applications > look for the WhatsApp application.
- Select Uninstall or Remove Application.
- Then open the Play Store > type WhatsApp > Install.
That’s how to solve WhatsApp notifications not sounding. You can apply this method to all smartphone brands, guys.
If you are still confused, just ask in the comments column below. May be useful.