It’s not rare for many of us when seeing WhatsApp stories and we are interested with the status, then deciding to download the status.
Like you are interested for downloading the WhatsApp status and therefore you are here.
So by downloading the WhatsApp status in the form of photos, gifs, or videos, the status will be stored on our cellphones forever.
To be able to save other people’s WA stories, I will provide several ways to download WhatsApp status either using the application or without the application.
How to Download WhatsApp Status such as Photos and Videos on Android
To download and save WA status to the Android gallery, there are several ways that you can use, including:
1. How to download WhatsApp Status without App
Previously, make sure your Android phone has the File Manager or File Explorer installed, if it’s not there then you can look for it in the Google Play Store.
Here’s how to download WhatsApp status without an application:
- Open the WhatsApp Status that you want to download.
- Open the File Manager application on your cellphone.
- Log in to setting File Manager, and then enable the option Show Hidden Files / Show Hidden Files.
- Advertisement -
- Go to internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > Statuses.
- Find the WhatsApp status photo or video that you want to download.
- Select the status then move it to another folder.
By moving it to another folder, the status will be stored forever on your cellphone.
2. How to download WhatsApp Status with Application
The following is an applicaton we recommend to download WhatsApp status.
1. Status Saver
If you feel complicated with the first method, you can use another method, namely by using the Status Saver application.
Status Saver is a special application created to save status on the WhatsApp application.
How to save WA stories using Status Saver:
- Download and Install Status Saver.
- Run the Status Saver application, then select the WA status that you want to download.
- Tap the Download or Save icon on the status to save it on your cellphone.
2. Status Downloader for Whatsapp
This 4MB sized application is apparently able to save WhatsApp story status, whether it’s photos or videos. Because of its small size, this application is very light and suitable as a tool to help you download stories on WA.
This application provides a simple navigation that makes it easier for you to use it. In addition, this application is free and you can search through Google Playstore and has proven to be effective for downloading videos and photos of your friends’ stories.
- Open Google Play Store and find this app, or you can simply head to this URL to get you to the app page in Google Play Store.
- Then instal the app.
- Then find the WhatsApp status you wish to download.
- Then save the WhatsApp status now.
How to Download WhatsApp Status on iPhone
Downloading Story WA on iPhone is not as easy as doing it on Android, but don’t worry, we have an easy way for you to do it.
1. WhatsApp Pocket
WhatsApp Pocket is a desktop application available for Mac and Windows.
Actually, this application was created to backup and restore WhatsApp data on iPhone.
However, the WhatsApp Pocket application also provides a download story feature that can be used by its users.
- Download and Install WhatsApp Pocket on your PC.
- Connect iPhone/iPad to PC.
- Open WhatsApp Pocket and select your device.
- Select Preview WhatsApp Chat .
- You will find various WhatsApp statuses.
- Click Export Attachment to download the status.
2. iOS Status Saver
The Status Saver application is also available for iOS devices which you can download for free through the App Store.
How to download WA status on iPhone using Status Saver is very easy, here are the steps:
- Download and Install the Status Saver application.
- Run the Status Saver application.
- A QR code will appear.
- Send the barcode to another cellphone so it can be scanned.
- Open WhatsApp and select Menu > WhatsApp Web .
- Scan the barcode.
- If it is successful, reopen the Status Saver application.
- Select Get Statuses then download the WhatsApp status you want.
Interested in downloading status from Instagram too? Check out How to Download Twitter Videos